I mentioned before that test purchases seem to be broken on the Google play store. However I’m now not so sure that is the case.
I have an app in Alpha ( a signed release version – but old and out of date).
And I was using a debug build the other day when having all the problems. But actually I think the issue was using my developer account on my device. I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that is the approach for the test purchases [
However that was giving me all the crashes. When I switched my device account to a registered test account from my Alpha channel it does appear to work. (I changed it in both the google app and on the play store as those two don’t seem to keep in step automatically).
I didn’t work this out until I restructured my app to print all debug info to the screen in preparation for having to debug the purchase process on a signed release version. As recommended the SO post I linked to in the last post.
So now I am not sure if the account change fixed the issue or the Play Store update in the last couple of days fixed it.
But either way in app test billing is now back in action. Yay.